Rebuilding the index in Outlook can help resolve search issues and improve search performance.
Here’s how to rebuild the index in Outlook:
- Close Outlook if it’s open.
- Press `Win + S` to open the Windows Search box, and type “Indexing Options.”
- Click on “Indexing Options” in the search results to open the window.
- In the “Indexing Options” window, click on the “Advanced” button.
- In the “Advanced Options” window, go to the “Index Settings” tab.
- Under the “Troubleshooting” section, click on the “Rebuild” button.
- A warning will appear stating that rebuilding the index might take a long time to complete. Click “OK” to proceed.
- The index rebuilding process will now begin. Depending on the number of items and your computer’s performance, this process might take some time.
- Once the index has been rebuilt, close the “Indexing Options” and “Advanced Options” windows.
- Open Outlook and try searching again. The search should now function correctly and display accurate results.
Keep in mind that while the index is being rebuilt, search results in Outlook may be incomplete or not show at all. It’s essential to wait for the indexing process to finish for accurate search results.