Procedure to access HKU Email via Android mobile device IMAP account
This section describes the configuration procedure to access HKU Email via Android mobile device IMAP account.
- Open email app on Android device.
- Go to “Settings” > “ADD ACCOUNT”.
- Input your email address and password. For Graduates, the email address is UID@graduate.hku.hk
- Select IMAP.
- Account Setup (Incoming)
- Username/Password: UID/password
- IMAP server:
Enter graduate.hku.hk for your Graduate mail account
- Port: 143
- Security type:
Graduate mail account: STARTTLS (accept all certificates)
- IMAP path prefix: Leave it blank
- Press Next button
- Account Setup (Outgoing)For outgoing Mail Server, graduates should refer to network operator settings instead.
- Configure Inbox settings according to your needs. Click Next.
- Configure account name and display name. Click “Next” to finish.