* Note: The Recall Sent Message feature allows you to recall, replace, or delete messages that you have sent. The feature is available in MS Outlook only.
- Open Outlook, locate the Sent Items folder, and double click to open the message that you want to recall.
- Select Actions from the menu, and select Recall This Message…
- In the Recall This message window,
- Select Delete unread copies of this message to recall message, or
- Select Delete unread copies and replace with a new message to replace the original message with a new one.
- If you want to receive notification of the recall result, check Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient.
- Click OK to confirm recalling the message.
Note: If on the Actions menu, you select Resent this Message instead of Recall this Message – the actions will be: if the first original message has not been read, then the resent-email-message will be shown in the recipient’s Outlook inbox in place of the original sent-email-message.
The message recall is not successful if any of the following conditions is true:
- The recipient is not using Outlook.
- The recipient has read the message, or the message is marked as read.
- The original message is moved from the recipient’s Inbox. This can occur when rules are used.