For Word, Excel or PowerPoint application
- On the top right corner, click Sign in. If you see the name you used for your @hku.hk account, you have already signed in.
- Type the email address (@hku.hk) and password you use with Office.
For Outlook application
- Go to “File” > “Office Account” > click “Sign in” with your @hku.hk email address and password. If you see the name you used for your @hku.hk account, you have already signed in.
1. If you have once used your @hku.hk address to register a Microsoft personal account, when signing in, the following prompt will be shown, please choose the “Work” account to continue if you want to use the RMS:
2. When the following screen prompts, please check:
If you have once registered a Microsoft personal account using your @hku.hk, please make sure you sign in your MS Outlook using your work account instead of your Microsoft account.
If you have recently changed your Portal PIN, you will also receive the above prompt when you open the protected mail. Click the “Change User” button and sign in with your @hku.hk and new Portal PIN again.
3. If you never sign in to Office 2013/16 before first time using IRM functions, you will see the following screen:
Please sign in your MS Offie and restart Outlook application afterwards.