- To create an account in Outlook 2013, click Files > .
- Select Manual setup or additional server types.
- Select POP or IMAP.
- Enter your name and email address when prompted. From the Options listed below, choose “IMAP” to view and manage your emails which are stored on the server.For incoming mail server:
- Enter graduate.hku.hk for your GRADUATE mail account
For outgoing mail server:
- If connect within HKU campus network, the outgoing mail server (SMTP) name is “mail.hku.hk“.
- If connect from outside campus network, the outgoing server name is “smtproam.hku.hk” (for HKU staff and students only). Refer to “How to use smtproam.hku.hk” for details.
For graduates, use your ISP’s SMTP server name as SMTP server.
NOTE: If you select POP3 mode, all your emails will be downloaded from the email server to your local folders in Outlook and you can no longer access your emails via HKU Portal/webmail.hku.hk. It is very difficult to revert your emails to the email server.
The Require login using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) must be un-checked. Click Next.
For staff, please refer to setup procedure at here.