Important note: This guide show you the way to create filter rule in webmail interface (OWA) and Outlook. You should choose one place to work with your rules and always use the same one. When you edit rules in OWA, it will delete any rules that were previously turned off using Outlook.
Webmail interface (OWA)
* Please use Internet Explorer to perform the setup. Part 1. Create a folder called spam-notification.
- On the left pane, right click on your name and select create new folder.
- Type folder name spam-notification.
- Select Settings on the top right corner.
- Choose Options.
- Go to Organize email, under inbox rules, choose New .
- Select Move messages from someone to a folder.
- In New Inbox Rule window, type Spam Quarantine Notification in the Name field.
- Under When the message arrives, and:, choose it includes these words in the subject.
- Type Spam Quarantine Notification in the field and click Add . Click OK to continue.
- Choose spam-notification folder and click OK.
- Under Do the following, select Move the message to folder.
- Click Save to save the rule.
- Open Outlook 2013.
- Right click your account name and choose New Folder….
- Type spam-notification for the folder name.
- Click Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts on the ribbon.
- Select New Rule….
- In the Rules Wizard, under Stay Organized section, select Move messages from someone to a folder. Click Next.
- Under step 1, check two boxes from people or distribution list, with specific words in the subject.
- Under step 2, click on the “from people and distribution list“. Under Rule Address window, type email address firstname.lastname@example.org in From field and click OK.
- Click on the “and with specific words in the subject“. In Search Text window, type Spam Quarantine Notification for the subject and then click Add. Click OK to finish.
- Click on the “move it to the specified folder“. In Rules and Alerts dialog window, select spam-notification folder and click OK to return to Rule Wizard dialog window.
Click Next to proceed.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Specify a name for this rule, type Spam Quarantine Notification.
- Click Finish to save the rule.