An email alias is an alternative email address which can be used by staff and studdent should they wish to use another email address that is easier to remember e.g. “email@example.com“. An account name consists of 4-8 characters whereas an email alias can have 9 to 32 characters with any combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters “-“, “.”, “_”.
An email alias is not another email account but only an alternative email address. Therefore, an email alias cannot be used to login the HKU email account and HKU Portal UID should be used instead.
To set up an email alias
- Staff and students: HKU Portal > Type “Alias” in the Search field > Click the link “Change Email Alias”
- Graduates using HKU Connect
- Graduates using graduate.hku.hk
To change the sender email address,
- Staff: HKU Portal > Type “Register Name” in the Search field > Click the link “Register Name/EAddress in Mail”
- Students and graduates using HKU Connect: click here