For Microsoft Outlook
Staff using the central email and calendar service (commonly called “hkucc1” or “hkucc-com”) can find the staff contact information under Microsoft Outlook Address Book. The information available includes university name, first name, last name, department, office phone number, office location and email address. To look up the staff contact information, please follow the steps below:
- Configure Microsoft Outlook to connect your HKUCC1 mailbox (please refer to here for the steps).
- After login to Microsoft Outlook, click the “Home” tab and “Address Book” icon.
- Select “Global Address List” (GAL) under Address Book if it is not yet selected.
- If you know the Sender Name of the colleague you wish to find, type the keyword in the Search field.
- You can also search by using “Advanced Find”. This function allows you to search by a specific piece of information including
- First name (first few letters of the First name)
- Last name
- Alias (HKU Portal UID of staff)
- Office (full office address)
- Department (first few letters of the department name)
- The corresponding piece of information for each field tag under GAL is shown in the following diagram:
- Configure your iOS device according to here
- Make sure your iOS device is connected to the Internet.
- Open the “Contacts” app.
- Tap the “Groups” button on the top left.
- Tap “Exchange Global Address List”.
- In the Search box, type the UID or name of the person you want to find.
- Configure your Android device according to here
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the Internet.
- Open the “People” app.
- Under “Find contacts” or equivalent, type the UID or name of the person that you want to find.