For Microsoft Outlook
- Configure Microsoft Outlook to connect your HKUCC1 mailbox (please refer to here for the steps).
- After login to Microsoft Outlook, click the “Home” tab and “Address Book” icon.
- Select “Global Address List” (GAL) under Address Book if it is not yet selected.
- If you know the Sender Name of the colleague you wish to find, type the keyword in the Search field.
- You can also search by using “Advanced Find”. This function allows you to search by a specific piece of information including
- First name (first few letters of the First name)
- Last name
- Alias (HKU Portal UID of staff)
- Office (full office address)
- Department (first few letters of the department name)
- The corresponding piece of information for each field tag under GAL is shown in the following diagram:
- Configure your iOS device according to here
- Make sure your iOS device is connected to the Internet.
- Open the “Contacts” app.
- Tap the “Groups” button on the top left.
- Tap “Exchange Global Address List”.
- In the Search box, type the UID or name of the person you want to find.
- Configure your Android device according to here
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the Internet.
- Open the “People” app.
- Under “Find contacts” or equivalent, type the UID or name of the person that you want to find.